If you wanted to attend the boys’ golf team meeting on April 20th, but were unable to due to other commitments, please see the following items that were discussed. If you have questions or need clarification, please contact Coach Hannahan (firstname.lastname@example.org). At the bottom of this page, you will find printable links to our tentative golf season schedule listed by month. All Varsity and JV matches are listed. As always, dates and times are subject to change. Go Bolts!
Golf Team Meeting Notes April 20, 2017
- Meadowbrook at Clayton will remain the home of the T-Bolts. The city of Clayton is offering a junior golf pass for $400.00. This season pass is good from the date of purchase until the end of the calendar year. The pass covers unlimited golf (accepted during restricted times on the weekends). A pass will need to be purchased if you make the team. Please purchase your season pass as soon as possible. Whether you make the golf team or not, you can enjoy the benefits of a junior golf pass from the date you purchase it until the end of the calendar year.
- Practices will begin on June 12th (check the website for schedule or see the attached schedule). At practice we will try to work for an hour on ball striking, putting, and chipping. We will also go out on the course and try to get 9 holes in after each practice. If you do not have a junior pass, you will need to pay for this round as well as the driving range balls you use.
- Each golfer must have a current physical on file in order to participate on the golf team. Do not wait until it is too late to get your physical on file. Turn in all physical forms to the training room at the high school when they are completed (MAKE SURE ALL PAGES ARE SIGNED).
- Range picking – we will once again be picking the driving range one Sunday evening per month. These range picking sessions are mandatory. If you played golf in 2016, then you are expected to be at range picking sessions in 2017. Range picking only lasts one hour. Gloves, old shoes, long sleeves, and long pants are strongly encouraged. Range picking sessions will be announced in advance by the coaching staff. Please plan to attend.
- Junior Golf Clinic May 30, 31 and June 1. We are running the Northmont Junior Golf Clinic after school is out to encourage more participation. This program is MANDATORY. I only need you for 1.5 hours each night. Please report to North Dayton Golf Academy at 5:30 pm and you will be dismissed at 7:00 pm. You will be helping junior golfers with their grip, swing, and putting stroke. No one is perfect, all we ask is that you show up with a positive attitude. Wear golf team gear each day and bring your Northmont golf bags and clubs. Again, three nights and 1.5 hours each night means a whopping 4.5 hours of your time. Please plan to attend.
- Summer Golf Trip – The dates are tentatively scheduled for July 24th and July 25th. This trip is available for all team members from 2016 Golf Team (Cole, Alec, David, Noah, Jackson, Dylan, Gavin, Justus, Layne, Brendan, Ethan). If you are new to the program, you will be eligible for the trip in 2018 after you participate on the golf team in 2017. This trip is offered as a reward for team commitment to our program each season. We have two options:
- Overnight Zanesville trip to Virtues Golf Club (formerly Longaberger Golf Club) and Eaglesticks Golf Club. Two rounds of golf w/ carts, range balls at Virtues, one-night hotel stay, breakfast at the hotel, are all included in the trip (we also eat out two lunches and one dinner). Costs a little more, but is a significantly higher value.
- Springfield one-day 36 hole trip to Windy Knoll Golf Club and National Golf Links. This is the trip we took last summer. We would eat out lunch and dinner. Golf and carts for each course are included in the cost.
- Looking for input from 2016 golf teamers at the meeting. We also need to remember we have a new athletic director joining the Northmont family in 2017. We will need his approval for any trip we decide to take.
- Uniform options for 2017. Golf balls, team shirts, hats, pullovers, etc.
- Golf Bag Order – If you are new to the program, please see the attached form to order a golf team bag. Once we know how many guys are trying out, we will place an order for team bags. We need to do this ASAP to get the bags in time for golf season.
- PRACTICE AND PLAY ON YOUR OWN OUTSIDE OF SCHEDULED SUMMER PRACTICES. You cannot achieve your highest golf potential if you only attend summer practices prior to trying out. Please consider playing spring/summer tournaments, and as many practice rounds in addition to scheduled summer practices.
- Remember, summer practices are NOT mandatory, but encouraged.
- Have any friends that would like to try out for the golf team? We need golfers. We only had 11 tryouts last year. We need golfers!