Northmont Boys Golf Tryout Information
When: August 3rd and 4th
- First Tee Time Monday 8:30 am
- First Tee Time Tuesday 12:12 pm
- Be at the course no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the first tee time of the day.
- You must check-in at the pro shop and complete the pre-round COVID symptoms checklist and sign in with your junior season pass at the golf desk.
- A mask MUST be worn in the pro shop
- You may use the driving range and putting green prior to your round.
- Observe social distancing of 6 feet when you arrive at the tee box prior to your tee time. A mask MUST be worn if you cannot maintain social distancing during your round.
- Your tee time is the time the ball will be in the air, not when you are arriving to the tee box. We will maintain a pace of play of 4 hours or less for each tryout round.
- USGA rules will govern play for both rounds.
Where: Monday and Tuesday (Meadowbrook at Clayton) – White Tee Boxes
Format: 36 holes of stroke play over two days (18 on Monday and Tuesday)
Disclaimer: You must have a current physical on file with the athletic department in order to try out for the golf team. You must complete INFOsnap in order to participate on the golf team. You must complete all required try out holes in order to participate on either the varsity or junior varsity golf team in 2020. We will not be making cuts this year, but we will base team placement on your finish in the try out rounds.
Please remember to bring plenty of the following on tryout days:
- Golf Balls, tees, towel, divot tool, etc. – you are responsible for having these items during tryouts.
- Water or Sports Drinks (i.e. Gatorade or Powerade) – It is imperative that you stay HYDRATED at all times. There is no water out on the course, so you will be responsible for bringing your own. Make sure that you EAT before you play each day as well. 18-hole tryout rounds last four hours. Do not make the mistake of not eating before you play golf each day. It is okay to have snacks in your golf bag to eat during the course of your tryout round if you desire to do so.
- Sun Protection (i.e. Sunscreen) – Please remember that we will be outside in the heat for several hours a day. It is crucial that you make sure that you have sufficient protection from the sun. We will not provide sunscreen or any other form of sun protection.
*The coaches reserve the right to place individuals as needed based on their performance during tryouts. The coaching staff will make the final decision on player placement at the conclusion of tryouts. With golf being a game in which each player records a concrete score, we will abide by the results of tryouts to determine team placement for the beginning of the season.
The use of a laser range finder or GPS device is permitted during tryouts. Neither device may provide slope information, only yardages. You must furnish your own laser or GPS device, as they will not be provided for you during tryouts. The GPS device may NOT be an app on a Smartphone. This adheres to the USGA and OHSAA rules regarding the use of such devices. Cell phones may only be used to ensure that you are on a good pace of play. Cell phones may also be used to call parents when you are on your second to the last hole of the day for rides if necessary.
All scorecards must be completed accurately and to the best of your ability. You will be responsible for your score as well as the score of the other golfers in your group during each tryout round. You will only be responsible for keeping accurate hole-by-hole totals for yourself and the others in your group. Integrity means everything in golf. If you come upon a situation where you are unsure of a ruling, play two balls on the hole and record two scores. The issue will be resolved at the end of your round with a golf coach before turning in your card. You will need to practice social distancing when announcing your score after each hole to your playing partners.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BoltsBoysGolf
*If you would like to try out for the golf team, but have not yet been in contact with coach Hannahan this summer, please use the contact information above to get in touch with Coach Hannahan immediately (*This message is intended for student-athletes who may not have attended any summer practices with the golf team. If you attended summer practices, purchased your season pass, and turned in your physical form then you are good to go and you will receive an email with your Monday tee time).
Important Upcoming Dates:
8/17/20 (Monday) $60.00 Pay to Play fee due to the Athletic Office. Make checks payable to Northmont Athletics. Please contact the athletic department if you have questions regarding the pay to play fee.
Players only Meeting 8/4/20 – Immediately Following Tryouts – We will pass out uniforms and go over team expectations and policies immediately following tryouts on Tuesday after we have announced teams. This will take place on the patio of Meadowbrook at Clayton. We will maintain social distancing during this outdoor meeting. The golfers will call/text for rides near the end of the meeting so that there will be no gathering in the parking lot. The meeting will be brief.
Golf Team Fall Program Pictures 8/5/20 – 4:00 pm (NHS Football Stadium) – Be at the NHS stadium for our fall program pictures at 3:50 pm. We will meet by the flagpole (observe social distancing) An order form for these pictures will be passed out during our player meeting on 8/4/20. We will take individual headshots for both the fall sports program and the team poster. Parents, please make arrangements for transportation for your son to both events so that we are not congregating after the picture shoot is complete.
Virtual Parent Meeting Athletic Website (Posted 7/31) – This MANDATORY parent meeting must be attended by each golf team member and at least one parent/guardian. The parent meeting will be virtual this year. You will click a link sent to you on the athletic website. A record of your participation in the virtual parent meeting is required for each golfer. More information will be sent out about this in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding and for supporting the Northmont Golf Program!
As of right now, our first matches will take place on August 17th. We will get you a correct and complete 2020 updated schedule as soon as possible. We will begin practices sometime this week. Please stay tuned for more information as it seems to be updated with each passing moment.