GWOC Cross Country 2020
October 17, 2020
Northmont High School
4916 National Rd, Clayton, OH 45315
|9:00am||MS BOYS 3200||Unlimited|
|9:30am||MS GIRLS 3200||Unlimited|
|11:00am||HS Varsity Boys||20 per team|
|11:45am||HS Varsity Girls||20 per team|
|12:30pm||HS JV Boys||unlimited|
|1:15pm||HS JV Girls||unlimited|
- Timing will be provided by FinishTiming. Online entries will be completed on oh.milesplit.com. Results will be posted on www.finishtiming.com and oh.milesplit.com ALL ENTRIES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED BY OCT 14th 9:00pm
Team Check-In Procedure:
- Traveling Teams
- Participating schools will be responsible for individual temperature checks and health screening questions for all their athletes and coaches before departure from school. Those with a temperature over 100.4 or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel with the team.
- Arriving Teams:
- Check-in and Packet Pick-up will occur at the team check-in tent located at the bus drop off.
- Upon arrival, coaches will complete a verification form acknowledging symptoms and temperature checks of their team.
- After check-in, teams and coaches will head directly to their assigned team camp area.
Team Camp Guidelines
- Team camp areas will be roped off. Only team members and coaches will be allowed in the team camp area. Absolutely no spectators will be allowed.
- Schools will have an assigned team camp area that is roped off and separated from other camps by a minimum of 20 feet.
- Team members must be masked and practice social distancing within team camps at all times.
- Team members are not allowed to leave the team camp area except for using the restroom under the stadium, warming up, cooling down, or heading to the starting line.
- Teams should stick to the designated warm-up/cool-down zone on the map. This will allow less people on the race course.
- Non-competing team members are not allowed to venture to other parts of the course to cheer. They must stay in their assigned team camp area. Team camps will run adjacent to part of the course.
Starting Line Set-up & Procedures
- The entire starting line area will be roped off. No spectators will be allowed in the starting line area.
- Team boxes will be 6’ apart and wide enough to allow social distancing within each box. Approximate dimensions of each box will be 24’ x 12’.
- Teams will arrive at their starting box 5 minutes before the start of their race.
- Only team members in the upcoming race will be allowed into the starting line area.
- No run-outs, team huddles, or team cheers will be allowed at the starting line.
- Coaches will accompany their team to the starting line area. When the team enters the starting line area, the coach will collect the team members facemasks and place them into individual bags. The coaches will not be allowed in the roped off starting line area.
Finish Line Set-up & Procedures
- No spectators will be allowed on track and football field at the finish line
- The finish line will be on the track on the home side.
- Athletes will cross the finish line and exit out of the track and report back to their team camps no lingering at the finish area.
- Premier Health Partners/Trainers will be stationed just outside of the finish line to assist athletes in need.
- As much as possible, travel arrangements will be made by schools to allow athletes to leave upon finishing their races. Teams will follow the same procedures when departing as they did when arriving.
- Admission: $7 for adults, $5 for students and senior citizens. Spectators will pay from their vehicle as they enter Northmont High School property
- Spectators should conduct symptom and temperature checks prior to arrival. Those with a temperature over 100.4 or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend.
- Spectators will complete a symptoms checklist when entering the parking lot via a QR code for all in the vehicle.
- Spectators will practice social distancing throughout the facility.
- Spectators will not be allowed in the team camp area, starting line area, and finish line area. These will all be well marked.
- Spectators should only stay at the event for the race they are there to view. Between the high school and middle school session all spectators will be asked to leave the facility.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available in shelters.
- Coaches and Athletic Directors will communicate spectator information ahead of time.
- Coaches and Athletic Directors will encourage limited spectators as much as possible.
- Parking will be on Northmont High School Campus
- Buses will drop off athletes by the Varsity Softball field near the start line and then park in the Bus Parking lot between the High School and Middle School
- Buses should enter off of Crestway