Check our team website weekly:
Dear Northmont Golfer,
With this letter I hope to give you all the information needed to become a member of the 2017 Northmont Golf Team. If you have any questions, you can contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meadowbrook at Clayton (formerly Meadowbrook Country Club) will remain the home of the T-Bolts. The city of Clayton is offering a junior golf pass for $400.00. This season pass is good from the date of purchase until the end of the calendar year. The pass covers unlimited golf (accepted during restricted times on the weekends). A pass will need to be purchased if you make the team. Please purchase your season pass as soon as possible. Whether you make the golf team or not, you can enjoy the benefits of a junior golf pass from the date you purchase it until the end of the calendar year.
- Practices will begin on June 12th (check website for schedule). At practice we will work for an hour on ball striking, putting, and chipping. We will also go out on the course and try to get 9 holes in after each practice. If you do not have a junior pass, you will need to pay for this round as well as the driving range balls you use.
- We use and follow the USGA rules during all practices and matches. If you do not know the rules, you need to start learning them!!! (www.usga.org)
- Each golfer will need to have a current physical on file with the Athletic Depart at NHS by June 12, 2017 or before the first time your son practices with us in the summer. Physicals are good for one calendar year and the proper forms can be printed from the High School website. Physicals need to be completed ASAP. If no physical has been performed by August 1, then your son will not be permitted to try out for the golf team. Missing a day of tryouts will be an automatic disqualification of golf team eligibility. I would actually like all physicals completed and turned in before your son starts practicing with us in the summer.
- Qualifying begins August 1, 2017. We will play two 18-hole rounds to determine who makes the team (based on caliber and number of individuals trying out).
- There are many junior tournaments golfers can enter around the area prior to trying out for the golf team in August. I recommend golfers play in as many of these events as possible. It is important to have some match experience. This will help with the nerves of try-outs and the season. Some quality tournaments are:
- For a list of all recommended junior golf organizations and tours please visit the following link (http://northmontathletics.com/hq/102501-2/)
- Southern Ohio PGA Junior Tour – Ten Tournaments
- Miami Valley Junior Golf Association – Four Tournaments
We look forward to seeing you out on the course and at practice!
Coach Hannahan – Varsity Golf Coach
Coach Harlow – JV Golf Coach
School phone: 937-832-6734